APPLICATION PACKAGE: All applicants are required to submit the following information. The initial competition and identification of candidates to be interviewed will be made solely on the basis of this material. Candidates who do not submit complete packages as indicated below will not be considered.
A. Submit a Resume, please ensure that it contains the following information:
- Vacancy Announcement Number;
- Full name, mailing and email addresses, day and evening telephone numbers;
- Country of citizenship;
- Information about your paid and non-paid work experience related to this position including: job title, duties and accomplishments, employer's name and address, supervisor's name and number, duration of employment, salary and hours per week.
- Education information, including: name, city and state of colleges and/or universities attended, major field of study and degrees received.
- Information about honors, awards, and special accomplishments.
B. A Supplemental Applicant Statement which addresses EACH Executive Core Qualification (ECQ) and EACH Professional/Technical Qualification (PTQ) individually. Please provide your examples using the four C-C-A-R elements below:
- Challenge - Describe a specific problem or goal.
- Context - Describe the individuals and groups you worked with, and/or the environment in which you worked to tackle a particular challenge (e.g., clients, co-workers, members of Congress, shrinking budget, low morale, etc.).
- Action - Discuss the specific actions you took to address the challenge.
- Results - Give specific examples of the results of your actions. These accomplishments demonstrate the quality and effectiveness of your leadership skills.
When addressing the five ECQs, the total length of your statement must not exceed 10 pages. When addressing the PTQs, your narrative response must not exceed two (2) pages per PTQ.
C. If you are a graduate of an approved Senior Executive Service Candidate Development Program (SESCDP), you must submit a copy of your OPM certification verifying successful completion of the program. This form is needed to determine eligibility for non-competitive consideration.
D. If you currently serve or previously served on a Career SES Appointment, submit a copy of your most recent SF-50, Notification of Personnel Action. This form is needed to verify your SES status and determine eligibility for non-competitive consideration.
E. You must provide a supervisory appraisal of performance that is within 15 months of the closing date of the announcement. This is required of candidates who are current Federal employees and all others who could reasonably be expected to receive such an appraisal on a periodic basis.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS: Career applicants currently in the SES or graduates of the SES CDP program need only address the technical qualifications (PTQs). Consideration for competitive selection for this position is open to all persons who meet the basic qualifications within the area of consideration.
The complete Application Package must be submitted by 11:59 PM (EST) on TAG:Closing Date.
To begin the process, click the Apply Online button to create an account or log in to your existing USAJOBS account. Follow the prompts to complete the occupational questionnaire.Please ensure you click the Submit My Answers button at the end of the process.
Note: To check the status of your application or return to a previous or incomplete application, log into your USAJOBS account, select Application Status, and click on the more information link under the application status for this position.
To fax supporting documents you are unable to upload, complete this cover page http://staffing.opm.gov/pdf/usascover.pdfusing the following Vacancy ID TAG:Vacancy ID. Fax your documents to1-478-757-3144.
If you cannot apply online:
1. Click the following link to view and print the occupational questionnaire TAG:Link to Full Questionnaire ,
2. Print this 1203FX form to provide your response to the occupational questionnaire http://www.opm.gov/forms/pdfimage/opm1203fx.pdf,and
3. Fax the completed 1203FX form along with any supporting documents to 1-478-757-3144.Your 1203FX will serve as a cover page for your fax transmission.