To qualify for this position, you must have at least:
One year of specialized experience, equivalent to at least the GS-12 level, or equivalent pay band in other pay systems in the Federal government. Specialized experience may have been demonstrated by performing duties such as: Administering, analyzing, and performing work involving the establishment, dissemination and management of Government Information; reviewing and analyzing appeals from denials of access to records requested; developing, implementing, and maintaining privacy policies and procedures; evaluating confidential personal records that, if released, would constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy; ensuring compliance with agency privacy program requirements.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE: Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid work on the same basis as for paid experience. Part-time experience will be credited on the basis of time actually spent in appropriate activities. To receive credit for such experience you must indicate clearly the nature of the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the number of hours per week spent in such employment.
Qualifications must be met by the Closing Date: You must meet all qualification and eligibility requirements by Friday, January 25, 2013.
· Background Investigation: You may need to successfully complete a background investigation before appointed into the position.
· Probationary Period: You may be required to serve a one year probationary period.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
CATEGORY RATING: Your application will be evaluated and rated under Category Rating selection procedures. Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility. Qualified candidates will be assigned to a quality category. The quality categories are: Best Qualified, Well Qualified, Qualified.
Your rating will be based on both your entire application package as well as the responses to the assessment questionnaire. Please note that if, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, your category rating can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities, or you may lose consideration for this position.
Your application will be evaluated based on your ability to demonstrate the following knowledge, skills and abilities/competencies:
· Knowledge of laws, regulations, and policies which govern FOIA, Privacy Act and Federal Records Management System in order to research, analyze, and evaluate data.
· Skill in applying analytical and evaluative techniques to the identification, consideration, and resolution of issues or problems of a procedural or factual nature.
· Knowledge of VA Acquisition programs, their integration and relationships, and departmental issuances under which these programs operate.
· Knowledge of the principle requirements including concepts, policies, and objectives, as well as analytical ability, judgment, and discretion as it applies to areas of administrative information and optical storage law.
Information for Veterans: Qualified veterans will be afforded preference by being placed at the top of the appropriate quality group. Qualifying veterans with a service-connected disability of 10% or more will be placed at the top of the best qualified group. The best qualified group is the first to be referred to the hiring facility for further consideration and possible interview. The remaining groups may be referred based on the number of applicants available.