Job Title:Director, Enterprise Services Center
Department:Department Of Transportation
Agency:Federal Aviation Administration
Job Announcement Number:EXE-AFN-13-2-29451
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, December 19, 2012 to
Friday, February 01, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy -
Oklahoma City, OK |
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. Citizens |
The Next Generation of Flight is Underway - and you can be part of it! We need you and your fresh ideas to shape the air transportation system of tomorrow, and the way America flies. Come be a part of the new generation in aviation, an industry that is absolutely critical to this nation's economy and security.
The Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) is a fundamental transformation of our nation's airspace system. It uses 21st century technologies to meet future demands, avoid gridlock in the sky and on the runways, further improve safety, and protect the environment. For more information on NextGen, watch this brief introduction : NextGen Introduction
About the FAA Employment Information
Amendment Date: 01/18/2013
Amendment Note: This announcement has been extended.
Business Component: Office of Finance and Management
Office of Regions & Center Operations
Additional Salary Information: Salary will be set within the range based on qualifications, experience and equivalent peer salaries in the organization. Locality pay will be added to the base, not to exceed the current statutory pay cap of $179,700.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) - In accordance with applicable FAA Travel regulations, full relocation benefits will be paid (actual expenses).
The FAA seeks an executive with experience in managing innovative technical and financial systems for large organizations to fill the Director position for the Enterprise Services Center (ESC). The ESC is designated by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) as both a Financial Management Shared Service Provider and an Information Systems Security Shared Service Provider. The ESC operates as a fee-for-service organization, which provides a wide variety of information technology and financial management services and products across the federal government. The Director assures the integrity of these services while developing and maintaining a competitive and self-supporting ESC, understanding the competitive nature of the services and products provided to customers. The ESC provides a wide array of platforms to manage information as well. These IT services include: Applications Services, Customer Services Center (help desk), Data Center Services, Information Systems Security, Media Solutions, Office Automation Support, National Wireless Program, and Telecommunications Services.
The Director provides strategic direction and executive oversight for the ESC. He/she is responsible for managing the accounting and information technology systems and services, while ensuring full compliance with all applicable federal guidelines and policy. The Director implements best-practice business and marketing strategies to continue attracting customers, providing cutting-edge services, and maintaining competitive costs and excellent customer service. The Director also oversees a variety of Quality Programs in support of continuous improvement to include: Project Management, Lean Six Sigma, and International Organization for Standardization (ISO) certification. The ESC Director reports to the Director of the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center at the FAA with oversight by the Chief Financial Officer at the Department of Transportation.
The ESC is located at the Mike Monroney Aeronautical Center in Oklahoma City and operates in a Franchise Fund Environment with approximately 760 FTEs and approximately 400 contract employees with an operating budget of $168 million.
As a basic requirement for entry into the FAA Executive System, you must provide evidence of progressively responsible leadership experience that is indicative of senior executive level management capability; and that is directly related to the skills and abilities outlined under the Leadership and Technical Requirements listed below.
We are not accepting applications from noncitizens.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
In addition to submitting a resume, applicants should address each of the leadership and technical requirements individually, describing work accomplishments that relate to each requirement.
Leadership requirements reflect the FAA Executive Success Profile, which describes the behaviors and characteristics required of all FAA executives. Refer to the Executive Success Profile for examples of competencies that are associated with each leadership dimension. It is important that you describe actual accomplishments, rather than discussing your philosophy of the leadership dimensions. You are encouraged to use the "Challenge-Context-Action-Result (CCAR)" model to address the requirements.
If you are currently serving under a career Senior Executive Service (SES) or an FAA Executive System (FAES) appointment, are eligible for reinstatement into the SES or FAES, or have successfully completed an SES Candidate Development Program (CDP) approved by OPM, you only need to submit a resume and narrative statement covering each of the Technical Requirements listed below. You do not need to submit a narrative on the Leadership Requirements. SES CDP graduates should submit a copy of their CDP program certification with their package.
1. Achieving Operational Results: Provide examples of ways you have exercised leadership to deliver significant results. Explain how you established goals, assessed outcomes, and improved products and services. Indicate how you identified and met customers' requirements and addressed the needs of stakeholders. Include examples of complex problems you solved or difficult obstacles that you overcame as a leader. Your description should include (1) the size and complexity of organizations you have led, (2) the scope of programs you have managed, and (3) the impact of your results on customers and other stakeholders.
2. Leading People: Describe the size of the organization and number and types of positions you have managed. Discuss ways that you have established and maintained positive work environments and prevented or eliminated discrimination or harassment. Describe ways that you have mentored and developed employees and built individual and team performance. Discuss how you have established and led teams to deliver products and services. Include in your description experience in leading others in a matrix environment across organizations.
3. Building Relationships: Describe (1) the types of individuals with whom you routinely collaborate; and (2) the purpose and outcomes of the communication. Discuss your experience in communicating and cooperating with others to achieve goals. Provide examples of how you have built relationships to achieve consensus and how you were able to obtain the cooperation of others with competing priorities and perspectives. Describe how you effectively communicate information within and outside of your organization.
4. Leading Strategic Change: Describe examples of strategic changes that you led for your organization; describe the entities that the change affected (agency, industry, organizational components). Discuss obstacles you encountered and how you overcame them to the benefit of the agency. Include in your description ways that you applied long-range vision, developed strategies, and applied innovative ideas and techniques.
1. Knowledge and expertise of financial management business enterprise operations, including but not limited to commercial financial management systems, applications help desk services, customer service centers, data service centers, information systems security, and telecommunications services.
2. Experience leading an organization that utilizes franchise funds or working capital funds while ensuring full compliance with all applicable federal guidelines and policy.
3. Ability to obtain new business and sustain existing business by effectively marketing and networking with customers and stakeholders to manage and promote programs on a full cost recovery basis.
To preview the application questionnaire, click the following link: View Application Questionnaire
FAA Employees enjoy competitive salaries and standard Federal employment benefits: Health Insurance: Employees may enroll in one of several health plans offered to Federal employees. Life Insurance: Low-cost term group life insurance is available. Holidays and Leave: Executives and senior professionals/chief scientists are paid for 10 Federal holidays and earn 13 days of sick leave and 26 days of annual leave each year. Retirement: Employees new to Federal Service are enrolled in a three-tier system that includes Social Security, a basic pension plan, and the Thrift Savings Plan (the Federal government's version of 401k).
Travel may be required.
Position may be subject to a background investigation.
A one-year probationary period may be required.
Veterans preference does not apply to the FAA Executive System.
As a condition of employment, male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must certify that they have registered with the Selective Service System, or are exempt from having to do so under the Selective Service Law.
Direct deposit of pay is required.Links to Important Information: Locality Pay
, COLACitizenshipFinancial Disclosure
HOW TO APPLY:
A resume and narrative addressing the requirements listed in this announcement should be submitted online via the Apply Now button on this announcement. Uploaded resumes and narratives must be submitted in Word (or Word compatible) or PDF format. All documents must be received by 11:59 PM Eastern Time on the closing date of the announcement in order to receive consideration for the position.
THESE DOCUMENTS SHOULD BE ATTACHED TO YOUR APPLICATION IN USAJOBS
An attachment addressing the Leadership and Technical Requirements
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT:
Once your complete application is received, we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. We expect to make a selection within 45 days of the closing date of this announcement. You will be notified of the outcome.
FAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will be considered regardless of political affiliation,
race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status,
age, disability, or other non-merit factors. DOT provides reasonable accommodations
to applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of
the application and hiring process, please notify us. Decisions on granting reasonable
accommodation will be made on a case-by-case basis. Additional information on reasonable
accommodations procedures or on EEO Programs is available on www.faa.gov/acr
contacting the local FAA Civil Rights Office.
Control Number: 334072000Close Print