Job Title:Public Health Analyst
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Job Announcement Number:HHS-CDC-MP-13-781794
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, December 24, 2012 to
Wednesday, January 09, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Atlanta, GA United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: This vacancy is open to current Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Agency for Toxic Substances and Disease Registry (ATSDR) employees with competitive status only. Competitive status refers to employees who are serving on a career or career conditional appointment.
PHS Commissioned Corps Officers interested in performing the duties of this position within the Commissioned Corps may apply online to this announcement. Candidates will be referred to (CC) personnel and not as candidates for conversion to a permanent career or career-conditional appointment.
YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases (NCIRD), Division of Viral Diseases (DVD), Atlanta, GA.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
This position is responsible for evaluating and analyzing complex public health programs and policies to advise management on public health policies, operations, products, and services and contribute to the improvement of public health programs. Serves as expert analyst in developing, monitoring, implementing and evaluating current or projected complex, interrelated public health programs involving governmental and non-governmental organizations from multiple sectors at the community, State, national and/or international levels. Prepares directives, issuances, memoranda, policy statements, and legislative proposals to introduce new initiatives and to recommend effective operations consistent with overall program objectives. Serves on the management team with responsibility for day-to-day operations of the office and as the principal advisor on the administrative aspects of the program operations to resolve matters that are often controversial or complicated (e.g. restructuring resources to meet increasing demands). Exercises management responsibilities related to the initiation, administration, and/or close out of grants and cooperative agreements. Prepares the annual budget and/or requests for funding based on information received from subordinate activities.
Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the next lower grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position overseeing and coordinating all administrative management and financial management operations and support services such as but not limited to: personnel management and administration; budgeting and financial management; procurement, contracts and grants; facilities management; and management policy formation and implementation.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Additional Security and Background Requirements: May be referred depending on the position being filled. If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
3. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
4. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
5. Bargaining Unit Position: No
6. Drug Screening Required: No
7. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
8. Research position: No
9. Supervisory position: No
10. Promotion potential: No
11. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
12. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
13. Travel required: No
14. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
15. Moving expenses will not be authorized
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of the resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and/or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated and rated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Skill in the overall administrative management of an organization
2. Skill in the methods and techniques of budget formulation and execution and financial management
3. Knowledge of the principles, concepts, methods and techniques of procurement, grants, and interagen
4. Knowledge of agency program goals and objectives
5. Skill in oral communications
6. Skill in written communications