· Citizenship - Must be citizen of the United States
· English language proficiency - Must be proficient in spoken and written English
· Education - Must have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is employee. AND, have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the HVA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement. COPIES OF UNOFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED
· Licensure - Must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
Grade will be determined by the Professional Standards Board
GRADE DETERMINATIONS: In addition to the basic requirements for employment, the following criteria must be met:
GS-11: Experience: None beyond the basic requirements.
Assignment: Staff psychologists at this level diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders. They practice under the close supervision of a licensed psychologist.
GS-12: Experience: In addition to the basic requirements at the GS-11 level, at least 1 year of experience as a professional psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level. Individuals assigned a GS-12 psychologists may be in the process of obtaining licensure at the independent practice level. If unlicensed, the individual must be supervised by a licensed psychologist and the experience and supervision must meet the standards for psychology licensure. In addition, the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs: (b) Demonstrated KSAs for GS-12:
1. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, a wide range of professional psychological theories and assessment methods to a variety of patient populations.
2. Ability to develop coherent treatment strategies.
3. Ability to incorporate new clinical procedures.
(c) Assignment: At the GS-12 level, unlicensed psychologists practice under the supervision of a licensed psychologist, but with less need for consultation than at the GS-11 grade level. They may be assigned to any program area.
GS-13: (a) Licensure: Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia. (b) Experience: In addition to the basic requirements at the GS-12 level, at least 1 additional year of experience as a psychologist equivalent to the next lower grade level. In addition the candidate must demonstrate the following KSAs: (c) Demonstrated KSAs:
1. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient population.
2. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
3. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
(d) Assignments This is the full performance level for staff psychologists. At this level psychologists are licensed at the doctoral level to practice independently in the provision of psychological services consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate. Staff Psychologists diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments, treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of medical disorders. Among the modalities provided are individual, family, and group psychotherapies, and other interventions such as biofeedback, psychological hypnosis, and environmental interventions. They consult with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues. Staff psychologists may be involved in program evaluation and/or research activities.
Selection Criteria for this position: These are considered to be enhancing (Make sure to include in your resume).
· VA trained, certified, and experienced in both CPT And PE.
· Experienced in 2 PTSD EBTS and experienced in at least one of the following: seeking safety or substance abuse treatment, ACT or mindfulness based treatment, CPT for insomnia, IRT or motivational interviewing.
· Paid post graduate work experience performing diagnostic assessments and utilizing two or more of these specific tools: CAPS, BDI, MENT, PAI, PCL.
· Has coordinated an interdisciplinary specialty or therapeutic team of 5 or more members for more than 2 years.
· Full time paid post graduate work experience in organizational development or specialized training in leadership, program development or systems design.
· Demonstrated dependability and responsible leave usage.
· Group facilitation knowledge and experience desirable.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
Unofficial transcripts are required whenever qualifying based on education. Education must demonstrate the knowledge, skills, and abilities necessary to do the work. A transcript or course listing must be submitted with your application if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education.
A transcript or course listing (noting credit hours, major(s), and grade-point average or class ranking) MUST be submitted if you are basing all or part of your qualifications on education. Applications submitted without this information may not be considered.
Original transcripts will not be returned.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly.
*** You can receive credit for education received outside the United States if it is comparable to an accredited educational institution in the United States at the time of application. If using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.***
Veterans Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF-15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veteran's who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement preference.
For more information on Veterans Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your consideration for employment.
You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.