This 1 vacancy may be filled by one of the following disciplines - Senior Social Worker, RN, Psychiatrist, or by a Psychologist.
All applicants must meet all of the basic requirements below by the closing date of this announcement to be eligible for this vacancy.
BASIC REQUIREMENTS FOR ALL POSITIONS:
- U.S. citizenship - Must be a citizen of the United States.
- Physical Standards - Applicants must meet physical standards for the position. A physical examination prior to placement is required.
- English Language Proficiency - Individuals appointed to direct patient care positions must be proficient in spoken and written English as required by 38 U.S.C. 7402(d) and 7407(d).
In addition to the above basic requirements for all positions, below are the education and licensure requirements for the specific positions.
SENIOR SOCIAL WORKER
- Education - Must have a master's degree in social work (MSW) from a school of social work fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE). Graduates of schools of social work that are in candidacy status do not meet this requirement until the school of social work is fully accredited. A doctoral degree in social work may not be substituted for the master's degree in social work.
- Licensure required for a Senior Social Worker - Persons hired or reassigned to social worker positions in the GS-185 series in VHA must be licensed or certified by a state to independently practice social work at the master's degree level. Current state requirements may be found on the OHRM website.
- Education - (1) Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed AND (2) Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions: (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.
- Licensure required for Psychologist - Must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a state, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico) or the District of Columbia.
- Education - Must possess a Master's degree in nursing from a state approved school of nursing and accredited by either the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC) or The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE).
- Licensure required for a RN - Must be currently licensed as a Registered Nurse with an active, current, full and unrestricted license.
- Education - Must have a degree of doctor of medicine or an equivalent degree resulting from a course of education in medicine or osteopathic medicine. The degree must have been obtained from one of the schools approved by the Secretary of Veterans Affairs for the year in which the course of study was completed. Approved schools are: (1) Schools of medicine holding regular institutional membership in the Association of American Medical Colleges for the year in which the degree was granted. (2) Schools of osteopathic medicine approved by the American Osteopathic Association for the year in which the degree was granted. (3) Schools (including foreign schools) accepted by the licensing body of a State, Territory, or Commonwealth (i.e., Puerto Rico), or in the District of Columbia as qualifying for full or unrestricted licensure.
- Licensure and Registration - Must possess a current, full and unrestricted license to practice medicine or surgery in a State, Territory, or Commonwealth of the United States, or in the District of Columbia. The physician must maintain current registration in the State of licensure if this is a requirement for continuing active, current licensure. Incumbent must be Board Certified or Board Eligible in Psychiatry.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE WILL NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
NOTE: Your résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified to ensure that you meet the minimum qualifications required as described in the duties listed above. You will also be evaluated to the extent you possess the knowledge, skills, abilities, and other characteristics associated with the position. Therefore, please ensure your application package addresses the assessment questionnaire. If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, you may be rated ineligible for this position.
Qualification Standards Used for Social Workers - VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix G39.
Qualification Standards Used for Psychologist- VA Handbook 5005, Part II, Appendix F3.
Qualification Standards Used for RN- VA Handbook 5005/27, Part II, Appendix G-6.
Qualification Standards Used for Psychiatrist - VA HANDBOOK 5005, PART II, APPENDIX G2.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
If your resume does not support your questionnaire answers, we will not allow credit for your response(s).
Deliberate attempts to falsify your application information, such as copying portions of this job announcement into your resume, may result in you being removed from consideration for this position.
If you are claiming Veterans' Preference: When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified to ensure you meet the eligibility requirements and to determine if you are qualified for this particular position.
Your resume and supporting documentation will be compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills and abilities required of this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience your score can and will be adjusted to more accurately reflect your abilities.
Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKAGES will receive a rating of IFM (Ineligible due to missing forms). We cannot be held responsible for incompatible software, fax transmissions, etc.