In order to qualify for the GS-09 Writer Editor Vacancy, you must meet one of the following: (transcripts are required if using part or all of education to qualify)
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service, that included assisting higher level specialist in researching factual information to write articles, Web copy, newsletters, or pamphlets for senior review; reviewing proposed publications for errors such as format, grammar, punctuation and spelling; and using desktop publishing software to prepare documents; OR Master's or equivalent graduate degree or two full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D.; OR a combination of the specialized experience and graduate education that, when combined, equals 100% of the total requirement.
In order to qualify for the GS-11 Writer Editor Vacancy, you must meet one of the following: (transcripts are required if using part or all of education to qualify)
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in Federal service, that included writing articles, Web copy, newsletters or publications that provide factual information according to agency policy; researching various sources to prepare writing assignments; and using software to incorporate illustrations, tables and/or charts into documents; OR a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related; OR a combination of the required experience and education for this grade level.
In order to qualify for the GS-12 Writer Editor Vacancy, you must meet one of the following:
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in Federal service, that included creating writing assignments dealing with highly complex and controversial topics; providing technical advice on the writing and editing of publications; developing presentations to meet the publishing objectives; and using various software systems to create materials for distribution.
In order to qualify for the GS-13 Writer Editor Vacancy, you must meet one of the following:
At least one year of specialized experience, equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in Federal service, that included developing a variety of scientific and/or legal publications; reviewing and approving other editors materials for publication; and developing authoritative information on program related materials.
If you are claiming education as any part of your qualifications for this position, you must submit an official transcript, unofficial transcript, or a list including courses, grades earned, completion dates, and quarter and semester hours earned. Degree requirements must be met within 30 days of the closing date of this job announcement and your transcript(s) submitted must reflect this.
Failure to provide any of the above will result in an ineligible rating.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program. For further information, click on foreign education
All qualification requirements must be met by 11:59 PM (Eastern Time) on the closing date of this vacancy announcement.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Time-in-Grade: Career or career-conditional current and former Federal employees who select to apply under merit promotion procedures must have served 52 weeks at the next lower grade level of this position.
2. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
3. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
4. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
5. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
6. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
7. One-year probationary period may be required.
8. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: may be paid
9. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
10. Drug Screening Required: No
11. Recruitment incentives may be authorized: No
12. Student loan repayment incentive authorized: No
13. Annual leave for non-federal service authorized: No
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the job opportunity announcement closes, a review of your résumé and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your résumé and supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your responses when compared to your background information, your score may be adjusted to more accurately reflect your skills and abilities. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
For Current FDA Competitive Merit Promotion Applicants: The highest rated candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
For current FDA Noncompetitive Applicants (current FDA transfer eligible employees): All qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring agency.
The assessment questionnaire is designed to measure the following competencies that are required for this position.
· Write and edit documents
· Research and development
· Analytical skill
· Computer software applications