Applicants must have one year of specialized experience at the GS-09 level of difficulty and responsibility in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph.
Specialized experience: is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, to include experience providing technical IT support and assistance to customers served by a Customer Service Center; experience with IT hardware repair and Level I, II, and III support model;
Have a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree from an accredited or pre-accredited institution in computer science, engineering, information science, information systems management, mathematics, operations research, statics, or technology management, or degree that provided a minimum of 24 semester hours in one or more of the fields identified above and required the development or adaption of applications, systems or networks, OR completed three full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such degree, OR LL.M., if related;
Have a combination of specialized experience and graduate education as described above that together meets 100% of the qualification requirements for this position.
In addition, ALL Applicants must have IT related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies: Attention to Detail, Customer Service, Oral Communication, and Problem Solving.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: No
8. Bargaining Unit Position: Yes
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Travel required with position: No
11. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: No
12. Research position: No
13. Promotion potential: No
14. Supervisory position: No
15. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
16. Relocation Incentive may be authorized.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Knowledge and skill in advanced IT principles, concepts, methods, standards and practices, as it pertains to the planning and delivery of IT services.
2. Skill using and applying IT customer support principles, methods, and practices.
3. Knowledge of IT technology fields (i.e. security, microcomputers, networking, communications, Level I, II, and III support model, IT Asset Management) and database management.
4.Ability to communicate orally and in writing.