Job Title:Staff Psychologist
Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:FK-13-CT-782149-MHC
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Wednesday, November 07, 2012 to
Tuesday, November 20, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Excepted Service Permanent|
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Lynchburg, VA United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
|US Citizens and Status Candidates |
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 782149. Please include on all uploaded documents and refer to this number when making inquiries.
OUR MISSION: To fulfill President Lincoln's promise - "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" - by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's veterans.
The VA Medical Center of Salem, Virginia is located adjacent to Roanoke which has natural beauty and many summit features such as: the Roanoke Star and its overlook of the Roanoke Valley, the Mill Mountain Zoo, and many outdoor pursuits such as the Appalachian Trail and the Blue Ridge Parkway which run through this area.
The Salem VAMC offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities. For more information on employment opportunities and benefits, please visit our website at: http://www.VAcareers.va.gov.
Special Employment Consideration: Individuals eligible for the following appointments are encouraged to apply: 5 CFR 213.3102 "u", Schedule A, Appointment of persons with disabilities; mental retardation, severe physical disabilities or psychiatric disabilities; and Disabled veterans with a compensable service-connected disability of 30% or more.
The Department of Veterans Affairs may offer Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation services. Permanent Change of Station is the relocation of a household due to government convenience in connection with a transfer between duty stations or facilities. For more information, go to: http://vaww.fscdirect.fsc.va.gov/pcs.asp.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Designated and/or Random Drug Testing
- Licensure, Certification, or Registration
- Background and/or Security Investigation
- Must pass Pre-Employment Examination
- Proficient in the spoken and written English language
NOTE: The full performance level of this vacancy is GS-13. The actual grade at which an applicant may be selected for this vacancy is in the range of GS-12 to GS-13. The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience, and recommend the grade and step at which the candidate will be placed. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
Work Schedule: 7:45 am - 4:30 pm
Position Title, series & grade: Staff Psychologist
Promotion Potential: GS-13
- Ability to diagnose mental disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments.
- Ability to treat mental disorders through a variety of modalities, and provide adjunctive interventions for treatment of mental disorders.
- Provides a full range of psycho-diagnostic services including assessment and uses the most appropriate psychotherapeutic techniques in providing quality care.
- Performs evaluations for wide array of patients representing diverse diagnostic entities.
- Provides a full range of therapeutic interventions.
- Consults with medical center staff on a wide variety of patient care issues.
- May be involved in program evaluation and/or research activities.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) AND successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program accredited by the APA.
- Must hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g. Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
GRADE DETERMINATIONING ELEMENTS:
1. Knowledge of, and ability to apply, advanced professional psychological theories and techniques to the full range of patient populations.
2. Ability to provide professional advice and consultation in areas related to professional psychology and behavioral health.
3. Knowledge of clinical research literature.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
- Light lifting
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Educations must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education.
Doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) AND successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program accredited by the APA.
VETERANS PREFERENCE: When applying for Federal jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application and/or resume. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled/deceased Veteran, must complete an SF-15 (Application for 10-point Veteran Preference). Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their application, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof, prior to appointment as documentation of entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit: http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your resume and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
The most highly qualified candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. If interviews are conducted, you may be evaluated based upon responses you provide to questions during the structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions, you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.