Job Title:Public Health Advisor
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Job Announcement Number:HHS-CDC-MP-13-775315
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Thursday, November 08, 2012 to
Wednesday, November 28, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Atlanta, GA United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles) |
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); veterans who are preference eligibles or who have been separated under honorable conditions after 3 years or more of continuous active service; Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities.
This position is located in the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Center for Global Health, Division of Global HIV/AIDS, Office of the Director, Atlanta, Georgia.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-DE-13-775337 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Additional selections may be made within the same geographical location.
CDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Incumbent provides overall executive leadership and policy direction for the Policy, Communications, Partnerships and External Relations Office in the Division of Global HIV/AIDS on sensitive and controversial issues impacting CDC's global HIV/AIDS policies and programs. Oversees and directs all aspects of policy and communications; multilateral partnerships; public-private partnerships; and external relations with Congress, other government agencies and key partners. Serves as a key representative and spokesperson and advocates the Division of Global HIV/AIDS Director and Administration's philosophies and speaks on behalf of CDC.
Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must have at least one year of specialized experience at or equivalent to the GS-14 grade level in the Federal service as defined in the next paragraph. Specialized experience is experience which is directly related to the position which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position which includes experience providing leadership to formulate and communicate policy regarding global HIV/AIDS programs and/or activities.
Documenting experience: In accordance with Office of Personnel Management policy, federal employees are assumed to have gained experience by performing duties and responsibilities appropriate for their official series and grade level as described in their position description. Experience that would not normally be part of the employee's position is creditable, however, when documented by satisfactory evidence, such as a signed memorandum from the employee's supervisor or an SF-50 or SF-52 documenting an official detail or other official assignment. The documentation must indicate whether the duties were performed full time or, if part time, the percentage of times the other duties were performed. It is expected that this documentation is included in the employee's official personnel record. In order to receive credit for experience in your resume that is not within the official series and grade level of your official position, you must provide a copy of the appropriate documentation of such experience as indicated above.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required.
6. One-year probationary period may be required.
7. Travel, transportation, and relocation expenses will be paid: Maybe
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: No
10. Travel required with position: Yes, 15%
11. Recruitment Bonus may be authorized: Maybe
12. Supervisory position: No
13. Time in grade (TIG) must be met within 30 days of the closing date of the announcement.
14. Must be able to obtain a Top Secret security clearance.
15. For temporary duty assignments, incumbent must take those immunizations required for field locations visits.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
1. Ability to direct and oversee multi-functional program policy and issues management activities involving global HIV/AIDS programs and/or activities.
2. Ability to manage external relations and public-private partnerships.
3. Skill in oral communication.
4. Skill in written communication.
5. Ability to supervise and provide technical, managerial and administrative guidance for a complex public health program.