- U.S. citizenship.
- Doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from a college or university whose curriculum in Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). MUST PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS
QUALIFICATIONS : Candidates must be citizens of the United States. Basic Requirements - Education: (TRANSCRIPTS REQUIRED) Applicants must possess a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology from a college or university whose curriculum in Psychology is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and must have completed an internship in professional psychology at an institution whose curriculum is accredited by the APA. For the full performance level, must have completed at least two years of supervised postdoctoral experience and must be licensed for independent practice as a psychologist in a US state.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: To be creditable, specialized experience must have been equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. In addition to the basic requirements above for the full performance level, applicants must have two or more years of clinical experience comparable to what one would get in a VA setting, either by post-doctoral employment or two years of employment as a Psychologist. Time-in-grade requirements must be met.
IN DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE, PLEASE BE CLEAR AND SPECIFIC. WE MAY NOT MAKE ASSUMPTIONS REGARDING YOUR EXPERIENCE.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES TO BE ADDRESSED :
1. Knowledge and skill in specialized psychological assessment, diagnostic, and treatment methods specific to men and women patients with behavioral-health and general mental-health concerns.
2. Ability to carry out education and training in psychological principles, theories, methods, and techniques both to psychology trainees and to co-workers.
3. Skill in working with multidisciplinary treatment teams.
4. Document ability to handle complex work assignments and ability to manage time appropriately when faced with demands from multiple sources.
5. Ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of backgrounds and with varying levels of understanding. Should demonstrate excellent customer service skills toward both patients and co-workers.
References : Input applicable reference and links. For example: VA Handbook 5005/23, Part II, Appendix G18, Psychologist Qualification Standard, dated February 2009, and OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/IORs/GS0100/0185.htm (or you may use the following generic citation) VA Handbook 5005 available in the local Human Resources Office and OPM Group Coverage Qualification Standard for Professional and Scientific Positions at http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/standards/IORs/GS0100/0185.htm.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications. Applicants must, therefore, only report attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html. All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
When applying for Federal Jobs, eligible Veterans should claim preference on their application or résumé. Applicants claiming preference based on service-connected disability, or based on being the spouse or mother of a disabled or deceased Veteran, must complete an SF 15, Application for 10-Point Veteran Preference. Veterans who are still in the service may be granted tentative preference on the basis of information contained in their applications, but they must produce a DD Form 214 or other proof prior to appointment to document entitlement to preference. For more information on Veterans' Preference, please visit http://www.fedshirevets.gov/job/veterans.aspx.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application, résumé and/or supporting documentation will be verified. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect consideration for employment. You may also be evaluated based upon the question responses you provide during a structured interview. In responding to structured interview questions you should be sure to cite specific examples of experience, explain exactly what you did, and the outcome.