Basic Qualifications for AD-0602: Doctor of Medicine or Doctor of Osteopathy from a school in the United States or Canada approved by a recognized accrediting body in the year of the applicant's graduation. [A Doctor of Medicine or equivalent degree from a foreign medical school that provided education and medical knowledge substantially equivalent to accredited schools in the United States may be demonstrated by permanent certification by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) (or a fifth pathway certificate for Americans who completed premedical education in the United States and graduate education in a foreign country).
Candidates must show clear evidence of specialized experience. Specialized experience is that which is directly related to the position and which has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSAs) to successfully perform the duties of the position, such as experience in leading, directing the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of programs and projects for the prevention of diseases. Typically, experience of this nature is gained at or above the GS-15 grade level in the Federal service, or its equivalent with state or local government, the private sector, or nongovernmental organizations.
Other professional/Technical Qualifications:
1. Progressively responsible senior management experience that reflects strong leadership skills with proven ability to effectively work with professional staff on global public health program implementation and to build effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
2. Proven performance in leading and directing the development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of global public health prevention programs and projects; and
3. Senior-level experience managing or directing a complex organization or project including establishing strategic plans and policies, developing and presenting budgets, evaluating programs, and building and managing a diverse staff.
Foreign Education: If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit: http://www.ed.gov/.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
How You Will Be Evaluated:
Applicants must meet the qualification requirements as outlined above to be eligible for further consideration. You must provide detailed evidence of the experience, knowledge, skill, ability, and other personal characteristic requirements and show how and when they were used. This evidence must include clear, concise examples that show level of accomplishment and degree of responsibility. Qualification determinations will be based on the information provided in your application and the requirements of the position. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies ( Knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics): You must respond to each competency listed below. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your eligibility.
1. High degree of global health expertise and prominence and a distinguished record of accomplishments in the field.
2. Leadership knowledge and skill to direct and manage a large federal health organization, with emphasis on applied research and successfully implemented global health initiatives to improve programmatic outcome.
3. Leadership experience in directing and managing a global health research organization, including establishing strategic plans and policies, developing and presenting budgets, evaluating program accomplishments, and building and maintaining a diverse staff.
4. Experience in developing and implementing global health policies, programs and research related to the control and prevention of infectious and chronic diseases and injuries.
5. Experience that indicates the ability to deal effectively with high-level government officials, foreign ministries of health, the scientific and academic communities, national and international medical and health-related organizations, diverse community and non-governmental groups, U.S. and global media, and the international public at large.
Conditions of Employment:
1. Security and Background Requirements: If not previously completed, a background security investigation will be required for all appointees. Appointment will be subject to the applicant's successful completion of a background security investigation and favorable adjudication. Failure to successfully meet these requirements may be grounds for appropriate personnel action. In addition, if hired, a background security reinvestigation or supplemental investigation may be required at a later time. Applicants are also advised that all information concerning qualifications is subject to investigation. False representation may be grounds for non-consideration, non-selection and/or appropriate disciplinary action.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" System. Federal law requires DHS to use the E-Verify System to verify employment eligibility of all new hires, and as a condition of continued employment obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system. The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is an E-Verify Participant.
3. Direct Deposit: All Federal employees are required to have Federal salary payments made by direct deposit to a financial institution of their choosing.
4. All qualification requirements must be met by the closing date of the announcement.
5. Financial disclosure statement may be required. Yes
6. One-year probationary period may be required. No
7. Moving expenses may be authorized. Yes
8. Bargaining Unit Position: No
9. Drug Screening Required: Yes
10. Recruitment or Relocation expenses may be authorized: Yes
11. Immunization required: Yes