Department:Department Of Veterans Affairs
Agency:Veterans Affairs, Veterans Health Administration
Job Announcement Number:ORL-12-DC-778818
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, November 05, 2012 to
Wednesday, November 21, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
|1 vacancy in the following location:|
Orlando, FL United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
|All U.S. Citizens and Nationals.|
Vacancy Identification Number (VIN): 778818 (Include on all documents)
The candidate must be willing to be placed, detailed or temporarily assigned to other related services and /or locations if necessary within the Orlando VAMC system.
The Professional Standards Board (a peer-review group) will review the selected candidate's education and experience and recommend the step at which the candidate will be placed in that specific grade. The salary is based on the grade and step approved for the selected candidate.
To fulfill President Lincoln's promise "To care for him who shall have borne the battle, and for his widow, and his orphan" by serving and honoring the men and women who are America's Veterans. How would you like to become a part of a team providing compassionate care to veterans?
Every job at the VA impacts the Veterans that we serve. You can be part of that team, helping to make sure that our Veterans receive the top-quality care they deserve.
VA professionals feel good about their careers and their ability to balance work and home life. VA offers generous paid time off and a variety of predictable and flexible scheduling opportunities.
For more information on the Department of Veterans Affairs, go to http://www.vacareers.va.gov/.
- Random drug testing may be required.
- Subject to a background/suitability investigation.
- US citizenship.
- Subject to one year probationary period.
A RELOCATION INCENTIVE MAY BE AUTHORIZED.
This position serves as a Psychologist for the Compensation and Pension Service. This is the full performance level for staff psychologists. At this level psychologists are licensed at the doctoral level to practice independently in the provision of psychological services consulting with peers and supervisors as appropriate. C&P Psychologists confirms diagnose of mental disorders, conduct psychological and/or neuropsychological assessments,
The C&P Neuropsychologist will hold a state license to practice psychology and is an independent practitioner of clinical neuropsychology and psychology with specialized knowledge in the diagnosis with neurological, medical, neurodevelopmental and psychiatric conditions, as well as other cognitive and learning disorders. The clinical neuropsychologist uses psychological, neurological, cognitive, behavioral, and physiological principles, techniques and tests to evaluate patients' neurocognitive, behavioral, and emotional strengths and weaknesses and their relationship to normal and abnormal central nervous system functioning.
- Provides a full range of neuropsychological assessment services and diagnoses mental disorders, particularly for complex or unusually difficult patients.
- Assumes complete professional responsibility for his/her clinical assessment findings, patient care decisions, and documentation.
- Assists the program director or coordinator in the design, development, and implementation of psychiatric evaluation templates for Compensation and Pension.
- Actively promotes performance improvement measures within the C&P Service. Is available for expert consultation with all other C&P examiners as needed.
- Provides clinical evaluations for the purpose of Compensation and Pension. Gives expert psychiatric opinions when requested by the VA Regional Office. Evaluates veterans for the full spectrum of psychiatric illnesses to include Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI), and Neuropsychological testing, for the purpose of establishing service connection, and providing sufficient information so the veteran's claim may be adjudicated in a fair and impartial way by the VA Regional Office or VBA Remands.
- Complies with all Compensation and Pension documentation procedures, including timeliness standards for documentation and proper patient check out procedures (e.g., entering diagnostic and procedure codes).
1. Have a doctoral degree in psychology from a graduate program in psychology accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA). The specialty area of the degree must be consistent with the assignment for which the applicant is to be employed.
2. Have successfully completed a professional psychology internship training program that has been accredited by APA. Exceptions : (1) new VHA psychology internship programs that are in the process of applying for APA accreditation are acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement, provided that such programs were sanctioned by the VHA Central Office Program Director for Psychology and the VHA Central Office of Academic Affiliations at the time that the individual was an intern and (2) VHA facilities who offered full one-year pre-doctoral internships prior to PL 96-151 (pre-1979) are considered to be acceptable in fulfillment of the internship requirement.
Licensure. Hold a full, current, and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States (e.g., Puerto Rico), or the District of Columbia.
Loss of Credential. An employee in this occupation who fails to obtain licensure/certification/registration within the required time frame, or who fails to maintain the required licensure/certification/registration must be removed from the occupation, which may also result in termination of employment.
For occupations which require an active credential (licensure/certification/registration) at all grade levels, at the discretion of the appointing official, an employee may be reassigned to another occupation for which he/she qualifies if a placement opportunity exists. For occupations which require an active credential (licensure/certification/registration) in assignments above the full-performance level only, at the discretion of the appointing official, an employee may remain at an appropriate lower grade level in the occupation when both of the following apply: the credential is not a requirement and a placement opportunity exists."
In describing your experience please be clear and specific. We will not make assumptions regarding your experience.
Under no circumstances will the educational or licensure requirements be waived.
APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE: Education must be accredited by an accrediting institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education in order for it to be credited towards qualifications (particularly positions with a positive education requirement.) Therefore, applicants must report only attendance and/or degrees from schools accredited by accrediting institutions recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Applicants can verify accreditation at the following website: http://www.ed.gov/admins/finaid/accred/index.html All education claimed by applicants will be verified by the appointing agency accordingly. *** If you are using foreign education to meet qualification requirements, you must send a Certificate of Foreign Equivalency with your transcript in order to receive credit for that education. ***
To Qualify at the GS-11 Level:
Doctoral degree and one year internship setting accredited by the APA.
No experience beyond the basic requirements.
To Qualify at the GS-12 Level:
Doctoral degree, one year internship and one year of experience as a professional psychologist equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal Service. Individuals assigned as GS-12 psychologists may be in the process of obtaining licensure at the independent practice level.
To Qualify at the GS-13 Level:
Hold a full, current and unrestricted license to practice psychology at the doctoral level in a State, Territory, Commonwealth of the United States, or the District of Columbia,
Possess two years of experience as a psychologist, one of which is equivalent to the GS-11 level in the Federal service, and one equivalent to the GS-12 level.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Please ensure you answer all questions and follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your evaluation. When answering the questionnaire, remember that your experience and education are subject to verification by investigation. You may be asked to provide specific examples or documentation of experience or education as proof to support your answers, or you may be required to verify a response by a practical demonstration of your claimed ability to perform a task.