In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
For GS-09 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes organizing information in support of investigations of alleged fraud and abuse by participants of public assistance programs.
For GS-11 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes analyzing and organizing information in support of investigations of alleged fraud and abuse by participants of public assistance programs and providing recommendations for resolution of findings.
Education: You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows: For the GS-09 level: A Master's or equivalent degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or J.D., if related.
For the GS-11 level: a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree or 3 full years of progresively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.M., if related.
Notes: The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Foreign education must be evaluated by a credentialing agency.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
2. Rating: Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Ability to analyze organizations or operations using written materials and physical observations in order to assess compliance with federal regulations;
- Ability to understand, interpret and apply complex operating instructions;
- Ability to communicate in writing in order to prepare reports, correspondence according to Food and Nutrition Service Program guidance materials; and
- Ability to use analytical skills to evaluate documentation in relation to SNAP policy and regulations.
Your application will be rated based on the extent and quality of your experience, education and training relevant to the duties of this position. We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Well Qualified category or higher to be determined as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.