In order for your application to be considered, you must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement:
Minimum Qualification Requirement:
For GS-09 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-07 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes assisting in planning commodity program operations or agriculture market planning and procurement or supply change management systems.
For GS-11 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-09 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes planning commodity program operations or agriculture market planning and procurement or supply change management systems.
For GS-12 level: You must have one year of experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-11 grade level in the Federal service. Experience for this position includes planning and executing commodity program operations or agriculture market planning and procurement or supply change management systems.
You may substitute education for specialized experience as follows:
For the GS-09 level: Master's or equivalent graduate degree or 2 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to such a degree or LL.B. or JD in a related field.
For the GS-11 level: 3 years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. or equivalent doctoral degree, or LL.M. in a related field.
Notes: The experience may have been gained in either the public or private sector. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. Foreign education must be evaluated by a credentialing agency. You may qualify by a combination of experience and education. Options for qualifying based on a combination will be identified in the online questions.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application includes your:
- Responses to the online questions, and
- Required supporting documents.
We use a multi-step process to evaluate and refer applicants:
1. Minimum Requirements: Your application must show that you meet all requirements, including the education and/or experience required for this position. You will be found "not qualified" if you do not possess the minimum competencies required for the position. If your application is incomplete, we will rate you as ineligible.
Your application will be evaluated in the following areas:
- Knowledge of the administration and management of Federal nutrition assistance programs and commodity support programs.
- Knowledge of Federal nutrition assistance programs and commodity program operations to identify and collect appropriate sources of data, analyze information collected, plan and monitor funds and report on findings.
- Knowledge of operating systems and procedures in order to deliver commodity benefits to recipient agencies and to provide guidance to State agencies and/or other agencies.
- Ability to negotiate with other offices and agencies to resolve commodity program system and operational issues and problems.
- Ability to write clear, precise, detail oriented documents to convey regulatory or complex information to a variety of audiences that accurately reflects agency views.
We may lower your rating if your responses to the online questions are not supported by the education and/or experience described in your application. Category Rating will be used to rank and select eligible candidates. If qualified, you will be assigned to one of three categories, Best Qualified, Well-Qualified or Qualified depending on your experience and education related to this position. Veterans' preference is applied after applicants are assessed. Preference-eligibles will be listed at the top of their assigned category and considered before non-preference-eligibles in that category. Qualified preference-eligibles with a compensable service-connected disability of 10% or more will be listed at the top of the highest category.
3. Referral: If you are among the top qualified candidates, your application may be referred to a selecting official for consideration and possible interview. If you are a displaced or surplus Federal employee (eligible for the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP)/Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan (ICTAP)), you must be assigned to the Well Qualified category or higher to be determined as well qualified to receive special selection priority.
We recommend that you preview the online questions for this announcement before you start the application process. To preview questions please click here.