Department: Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
Atlanta, GA United States
Fort Collins, CO United States
Cincinnati, OH United States
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
THIS ANNOUNCEMENT WAS AMENDED TO CHANGE THE JOB SUMMARY AND TO IDENTIFY THE INITIAL CUTOFF DATE.
The Pathways Internship Program is designed to attract students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions (ranging from high school to graduate school) with paid opportunities to work in agencies and explore Federal careers while still in school. This program exposes students to jobs in the Federal civil service by providing meaningful development work at the beginning of their career, before their careers paths are fully established.
Students must meet the following eligibility requirements to participate in the Internship Program:
1. Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a degree seeking student (diploma, certificate, etc.)
2. Take a course load of at least half-time in an accredited educational institution.
3. Be in good academic standing as defined by the educational institution.
An agency may convert an Intern non-competitively from the Internship Program to a term or permanent position in the competitive service provided that all the terms of section 5 CFR 362.204 are met and there is an available position. However, conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed. U.S. citizenship is required to be eligible for conversion.
Temporary appointments may be extended without further competition.
These positions are located within various organizations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
See the Duties tab for a description of the position. The duties will depend on the needs of the hiring office and the position the student is selected for.
THIS IS A STANDING REGISTER. The initial cutoff date is October 1, 2012. Additional cutoffs will be made as needed. Applications received AFTER a cutoff date will be considered in the next group of candidates.
- U.S. Citizenship is required or proof of legal residency.
- Transcripts are required with the current enrollment period course load.
- Students must provide official transcripts if selected.
- Students must sign a participant agreement if selected.
- All applicants must be at least 16 years of age at the time of appointment.
- Special Immunizations may be required for some positions.