Job Title:Social Science Research Analyst
Department:Department Of Agriculture
Agency:Food and Nutrition Service
Job Announcement Number:12-FNS-256
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$62,467.00 to $115,742.00 / Per Year|
|Tuesday, September 18, 2012 to Tuesday, October 09, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full-Time - Term Appointment|
|FEW vacancies -
Alexandria, VA, US|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|U.S. citizens who meet any of the categories shown under the heading "Who May Apply" at the end of the Job Summary section below.|
This is a Term appointment not to exceed one year and one day. The position may be extended. Term appointment is defined at the end of the Summary section.
This position is located in Alexandria, VA (approximately 6.4 miles outside of Washington, DC).The mission of the Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) is to increase food security and reduce hunger in partnership with cooperating organizations by providing children and low-income people with access to food, a healthy diet, and nutrition education in a manner that supports American agriculture and inspires public confidence.
This position is located in the Office of Research and Analysis, Special Nutrition Evaluation Branch.
FNS provides excellent opportunities for specialized training through its own facilities and outside resources. Career guidance and on- and off-the-job training programs are tailored to an individual employee's needs. If you want to apply your knowledge and skills to food program activities that seek to strengthen America, there is a challenging and rewarding career waiting for you with FNS!
Term employees are eligible for health and life insurance benefits, annual and sick leave, and the full array of retirement benefits. A term appointment does not confer eligibility for transfer to another agency. A term employee does not acquire competitive status or eligibility to be converted to a career conditional appointment, nor is the time served under a term appointment creditable toward career tenure. A term appointment carries no implied or specific commitment of consideration for, or placement into, a permanent appointment.
- FNS offers alternative and flexible work schedules.
- Click "Print Preview" to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Current Federal employees on career or career conditional appointments in the competitive service, or former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility;
- CTAP/ICTAP eligibles from the local commuting area;
- Individuals eligible under special hiring authorities (e.g., individual with disabilities, covered by an interchange agreement, eligible for Veterans' Recruitment Appointment, Certain Military Spouses), etc.
- USDA employees currently serving on a Veterans' Recruitment Appointment (VRA); OR
- Individuals eligible for appointment under the Veterans' Employment Opportunities Act (VEOA).