Basic Requirement: You must have information technology related experience demonstrating each of the four competencies listed below.
1. Attention to Detail--Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail.
2. Customer Service--Works with clients and customers to assess their needs, provides information or assistance, resolves their problems or satisfies their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services.
3. Oral Communication--Expresses information to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information; makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately.
4. Problem Solving--Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations.
In addition to meeting the Basic Requirements, you must meet the following requirements:
A. At least one full year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS-9 level in the Federal service. Your experience must include: participating in the development, and enhancement of computer systems that employees use to perform fundamental business processes; applying the principles and methods of application software development, commercial off-the shelf software package configuration, data conversion, and system testing.
B. A Ph.D or equivalent doctoral degree or successfully completed 3 full years of progressively higher level graduate education leading to a Ph.D. in such field as computer science, information science, information systems management, mathematics, statistics, operations research, or engineering, or course work that required the development or adaptation of computer programs and systems and provided knowledge equivalent to a major in the computer field.
C. A combination of experience and graduate level education that, when combined, equals at least 100% of the total requirement.
(To compute, divide your total months of qualifying experience by 12. Then divide your semester hours of graduate education beyond two years by 18. Add the two percentages. The total percentage must equal at least 100 percent to qualify.)
SELECTIVE PLACEMENT FACTORS:
In addition to meeting the above requirements, you must also meet the following Selective Placement Factors:
1. You must have experience with using ColdFusion in order to build, deploy, and maintain internet applications programming.
2. You must have experience with Oracle Database.
3. You must have experience with web application.
You must clearly show in your resume how you meet these selective factors, or you will be rated ineligible.
ARE YOU USING YOUR EDUCATION TO QUALIFY? You MUST provide transcripts or other documentation to support your educational claims. Unless otherwise stated: (1) unofficial transcripts are acceptable, or (2) you may submit a list with all of your courses, grades, semester, year, and credit for the course. All materials must be submitted by the closing date of the announcement.
If you are using education completed in foreign colleges or universities to meet the qualification requirements, you must show that the education credentials have been evaluated by a private organization that specializes in interpretation of foreign education programs and such education has been deemed equivalent to that gained in an accredited U.S. education program; or full credit has been given for the courses at a U.S. accredited college or university. For further information, visit:http://www.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ous/international/usnei/us/edlite-visitus-forrecog.html
Only experience obtained by the closing date of this announcement will be considered.
Status candidates must meet time in grade requirements (52 weeks at the next lower grade level.)
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once the application process is complete, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the assessment questionnaire to determine if you are qualified for this job. The numeric rating you receive is based on your responses to the questionnaire. The score is a measure of the degree to which your background matches the knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position. If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and or experience, you may lose consideration for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating. Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities and other characteristics):
-Knowledge of software design principles, methods and approaches
-Knowledge of IT concepts, principles, methods and practices
-Knowledge of IT systems development life cycle management concepts
-Skill in applying database management concepts, principles and methods
-Ability to communicate effectively in writing
-Ability to communicate effectively orally
-Ability to provide customer service