Job Title:Medical Officer, GS-602-13/14/15
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Job Announcement Number:HHS-CDC-OM-12-621500
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
|$71,674.00 to $129,517.00 / Per Year|
|Friday, April 06, 2012 to Friday, April 05, 2013|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time - Temporary NTE 2 (Two) Year|
|Few vacancies -
Few vacancies - Ethiopia Ethiopia
Few vacancies - Sweden Sweden
Few vacancies - Barbados Barbados
Few vacancies - Thailand Thailand
More Locations (65)
WHO MAY APPLY:
|Temp Prom, Temp Reassign or Term|
Become a part of the Department that touches the lives of every American! At the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) you can give back to your community, state, and country by making a difference in the lives of Americans everywhere. It is the principal agency for protecting the health of citizens. Join HHS and help to make our world healthier, safer, and better for all Americans.
Who May Apply: Federal employees with career or career-conditional appointments in the competitive service; former Federal employees with reinstatement eligibility based on previous career or career-conditional appointments; displaced Federal employees requesting special priority selection consideration under the Career Transition Assistance Plan (CTAP) and the Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP); Military Spouses; PHS Commissioned Corps Officers; and individuals with disabilities. YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR SF-50 AND/OR DD FORM 214.
This vacancy is also being announced concurrently with vacancy announcement HHS-CDC-OD-12-639923 under competitive procedures. Please review that announcement to see if you are eligible for consideration under competitive procedures. NOTE: Applicants must apply separately for each announcement in order to be considered.
Overseas Assignments: Overseas assignments are for two years and a rotational agreement must be signed. The assignment may be extended based on the needs of the agency. Upon completion of the overseas assignment, CDC employees on temporary promotion/assignment will be placed in accordance with CDC placement procedures. Subsequent employment for all other for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
- This position is eligible for special pay allowances (e.g., post differential, housing, relocation, etc.).
- Immunizations are requirement and will be administered by the CDC before relocating overseas.
- Security clearances are required for the selectee only and medical clearances are required for selectee and all family members before being posted overseas. Inability of the selectee to secure the clearances for overseas duty will result in termination of appointment to the position.
- Citizens or permanent resident of the host country are not eligible to be considered.
- Current permanent status CDC employees will be processed using the appropriate temporary promotion or other temporary assignment authority for permanent employees CDC. The selectee will have statutory return rights to their permanent CDC position title, series and grade once the overseas assignment is completed.
- Other current permanent status Federal employees will be hired on a term appointment. There are no statutory return rights. Subsequent employment for CDC positions must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
- All other selectees (e.g., reinstatement eligibles, veterans, persons with disabilities, etc.) will be hired through a term appointment. Subsequent employment for CDC position must be through the appropriate competitive process or special employment program hiring authorities.
- Additional information on living and traveling abroad may be found at
This announcement may be used to fill multiple positions in multiple locations.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
- Security and medical clearances are required.