GS-15 - Candidates must have had one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade level. Specialized experience is experience that has equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA's) to perform successfully the duties of the position as described above, and that is typically in or related to the position to be filled.
Examples of specialized experience for this grade level include: coordinating staff support for strategic planning efforts, developing project agendas, prioritizing initiatives, and communicating key decisions; measuring and reporting on the accomplishments of an organization, including designing, developing and implementing guidelines and procedures for performance measurement, performance planning, plan tracking and performance reporting; using program, statistical, and cost-benefit analysis to draft annual performance goals, objectives, targets, and metrics and, based on that analysis, drafting annual performance plans and reports; analyzing the effects and implications of strategic initiatives on the mission, goals, and constituents of an organization; collaborating with senior management and/or leadership and experts of an organization by providing input to Congressional hearings and briefings, budget testimony or other communications; and leading teams from within and working with a variety of people throughout an organization to effectively address issues, risks and opportunities.
Please refer to the Office of Personnel Management's, Operating Manual: Qualifications Standards for General Schedule Positions for further information http://www.opm.gov/qualifications/Standards/group-stds/gs-admin.asp.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Once you complete and submit your application package, a review of your application will be made to ensure you meet the job requirements. To determine if you are qualified for this job, a review of your resume and supporting documentation will be made and compared against your responses to the occupational questionnaire. Your resume must specifically and clearly show your possession of the required specialized experience and your possession of the required competencies. We will evaluate each applicant who meets the basic qualifications on the competencies/knowledge, skills and abilities related to the position.
The required KSA's for this position are as follows:
· Mastery knowledge of a wide range of qualitative and/or quantitative methods for the assessment and improvement of program effectiveness or the improvement of complex management processes and systems including program analysis, cost-benefit comparison, and statistical analysis.
· Skill in applying mastery knowledge in developing new methods and approaches in planning, integrating and evaluating the overall issues management program for the program.
· Broad knowledge of NARAs mission, programs, functions, and operations.
· Ability to develop NARAs Strategic Plan; coordinate and implement the strategic initiatives; monitor progress; and recommend changes or modify as appropriate to the accomplishment of the objectives.
· Ability to plan, initiate, coordinate, and execute a variety of management studies or special projects of broad scope and complexity.
· Skill in planning, organizing, and directing team study work and in negotiating effectively with management to accept and implementing recommendations where the proposals may involve substantial agency resources, requiring extensive changes in established procedures, or may be in conflict with the desires of the activity studied.
· Ability to effectively accomplish work through the direction of others.
· Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, to staff, management officials, and in the capacity as a spokesperson for the National Archives and Records Administration.
Based on the information you provided in your application package, we will assign you to one of three quality categories - Best Qualified, Well Qualified, or Qualified. Those applicants who are determined to be best qualified will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration.
If, after reviewing your resume and or supporting documentation, a determination is made that you have inflated your qualifications and/or your responses are not supported by your resume, your score will be adjusted. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating.