Job Title:Supervisory Management Analyst - NIDA - MP
Department:Department Of Health And Human Services
Agency:National Institutes of Health
Job Announcement Number:NIH-NIDA-MP-12-618235
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Year|
|Monday, March 19, 2012 to
Friday, March 23, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
|Full Time -
Agency Employees Only|
|1 vacancy -
Montgomery County, MD United States|
WHO MAY APPLY:
|This vacancy is open to current permanent Title 5 NIDA employees and individuals eligible under CTAP only. Title 42 employee are not eligible.|
The NIH is the premier biomedical research center for the world. Its 27 Institutes and Centers employ approximately 18,000 employees doing a vast array of jobs, all supporting efforts for a healthy nation. For information on the NIH mission, goals, and Institutes and Centers, visit NIH Overview.
If you are an exceptionally talented, knowlegeable and motivated individual with experience in Risk Management, Management Studies and Analysis, and in Operations, AND you want to play a significant role in a dynamic organization, then consider joining the Management Analysis Branch, Office of Management at National Institute on Drug Abuse. For more information visit:
- Time in grade met within 30 days of closing date.
- Position is subject to a background investigation.
If selected for this position, you will:
- Serve as the Branch Chief, providing advice and guidance to the Management Analysis Branch staff.
- Plan, develop, organize, direct and evaluate a complete and comprehensive program of management and program analysis functions.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures and practices designed to enhance the quality and effectiveness of management programs, functions and processes.
- Serve as NIDA's Risk Management spokesperson.
- Utilize effective use of information technology applications to enhance the ability of the program area to access and analyze data.
- Review recommended actions for adherence to legal and regulatory requirements, and advise Institute Director of appropriate action.
- Develop operating guidelines for the program area to ensure consistency in methods and practices.
To Qualify for the GS-14: You must demonstrate in your resume at least one (1) year of qualifying experience equivalent to at least the GS- 13 level in the Federal Government. Examples of qualifying experience include:
professional experience managing large and diverse research programs having national or international collaborations, scope, and impact; managerial experience in organizational and program development includes having responsibility for the development of plans for the resolution of major organizational and operational problems and issues, and allocating funds among competing programs; served as organization's representative on permanent and ad-hoc committees established to evaluate research issues; management of extramural activities and review assessment, and monitoring of major basic, clinical, and/or applied research supported by the agency with national or international scope and impact; should be recognized as distinguished scientists with major research experience and accomplishments; and have published extensively in refereed journals.
View Assessment Questions
Males born after December 31, 1959 must be registered with Selective Service.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED: