Department:Department of the Army
Agency:Army Installation Management Command
Job Announcement Number:QCSMR120007599492OC
This position is closed and no longer accepting online applications through USAJOBS.
The contents of the announcement can still be viewed.
/ Per Hour|
|Monday, January 30, 2012 to
Monday, December 31, 2012|
SERIES & GRADE:
Intermittent NTE NTE: 6 month|
|1 vacancy -
Seward, AK United States|
Many vacancies -
Seward, AK United States
WHO MAY APPLY:
|United States Citizens |
Challenge Yourself - Be an Army Civilian - Go Army!
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
This position is located in Seward Military Resort in Seward, Alaska.
- Direct Deposit is required
- Social Security card is required
Duties are performed aboard an inboard marine drive, diesel powered, 35 passenger charter fishing or tour vessel. Performs general maintenance work; repairing and painting decks, hulls, superstructure and interior spaces of vessels, handling lines during docking, moving and towing operations, mending lines, standing lookout, wheel watches and operating fishing gear.
Orients passengers in the use of fishing gear and explains species of fish. Baits hooks and lands fish. Assists in issuing life vest and helps fit them on passengers. Reports any abuse to equipment by passengers to boast captain or Resort Manager.
Helps passengers in all emergencies. Conducts or assists with customer boat safety briefing as necessary.
Cleans vessel at end of day, to include removing garbage, scrubbing decks, railings and sides of vessel, washing windows, cleaning of passenger cabin and marine head.
Transports fish from vessel to top of dock.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of and skill in the use of fishing and vessel equipment. Ability to use and maintain appropriate tools and equipment. Ability to communicate.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE: Skill in the use of fishing and vessel equipment. Knowledge of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
Conditions of employment:
1. You must meet all qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
2. E-Verify: If you are selected for this position, the documentation that you present for purposes of completing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Form I-9 will be verified through the DHS "E-Verify" system. Federal Law requires DHS to use the E-Verify system to verify the employment eligibility of all new hires, and obligates the new hire to take affirmative steps to resolve any discrepancies identified by the system as a condition of continued employment. The U.S. Department of Army is an E-Verify Participant.
3. All required background check of AR 215-3 must be successfully completed and maintained. Satisfactory completion of a National Agency Check and Inquiries (NACI) that will be initiated prior to appointment to a NAF position.
4. Social Security card must be presented at time of appointment.
5. May be required to work nights, weekends and holidays.
6. Approximate dates of employment is 15 May 2012 - 15 September 2012.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the following competencies: knowledge, skills, abilities, additional screening criteria and other characteristics.